Jason C. Tuchman is a Member of the firm who specializes in assisting families with divorce and family law matters. He prides himself on his high efficacy rate as well as helping his clients through the divorce process with dignity and minimal cost, all while preserving their rights and protecting the interests of their children.
His experience in the field of family law runs the gamut of practice areas, including preparing and negotiating prenuptial, postnuptial and separation agreements, resolving custody and parenting time issues, analyzing equitable distribution and the division of marital assets and liabilities, including complex valuation issues, and addressing necessary spousal and child support issues for his clients.
Mr. Tuchman is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, a certification achieved by only 2% of attorneys in New Jersey. He is a court-qualified family law mediator and he is specially trained as a collaborative divorce attorney. He also volunteers his time as a panelist for the Matrimonial Early Settlement Program in Passaic County and he is a panel chair for the Matrimonial Early Settlement Program in Bergen County.
Mr. Tuchman received a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating based on his exemplary work in the field of Family Law, Mediation, Child Custody and Child Support. He was given an “AV Preeminent®” rating from his peers, which means that he is deemed to have very high professional ethics and legal ability in the field of New Jersey Family Law. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive this Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
Mr. Tuchman is also a Legal Trainer for the Certified Divorce Specialist (CDS®) Program, a highly involved participatory training that is divided into two sections — the first of which consists of a specialized communication skills training, with the focus on integrating those skills in a client/session environment, and the second of which provides specific information regarding the Legal, Financial, Mental Health, and Real Estate fields, that are essential to the divorce process.
All aspects of Family and Matrimonial Law Litigation, Mediation and Arbitration, including but not limited to:
- Divorce and Legal Separations
- Dissolution of Domestic Partnerships
- Civil Unions and Same Sex Marriages
- Child Custody
- Visitation and Parenting Time
- Child Support, Alimony and Palimony
- Division of Assets/Equitable Distribution
- Pre/Post Nuptial Agreements
- Domestic Violence Matters
- Post Divorce Matters
- Collaborative Divorce
- Tufts University, B.A., Economics, 1999
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael K. Diamond, Presiding Judge of the Family Part for the Superior Court of New Jersey in Passaic County, 2002-2003
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association, President Elect
- State of New Jersey Fee Arbitration Committee, District XI, Vice Chair
- Director, National Association of Divorce Professionals, Bergen County, New Jersey Chapter
- Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell 2016-2023
- Super Lawyer, New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine, 2019-2022
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010-2017
- Bergen’s Top Lawyers, (201) Magazine, 2015-2017, 2019, 2022
- Top Lawyer, BERGEN Magazine, 2018-2019, 2022
- New Jersey’s Best Lawyers for Families, New Jersey Family Magazine, 2018