Mark P. Marotta has twenty-five (25) years experience in the litigation of divorce matters, handling contested (trials) and uncontested divorce actions involving all aspects of family law disputes including equitable distribution of property; child support; alimony; custody; and parenting time.
Mr. Marotta also has extensive experience in the Preparation of Premarital Agreements, Separation Agreements and Property Settlement Agreements.
Mediation is an important, and growing, area of practice for Mr. Marotta and the firm. Mr. Marotta conducts private party Mediations of divorce matters and those Mediations comprise a major area of his practice. Mr. Marotta also practices Collaborative Law and is a member of the North Jersey Collaborative Law Group.
Judges sitting in the Family-Part of the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey regularly, and often, appoint Mr. Marotta to act in the role of Mediator in the Court’s Economic Mediation Program for divorce cases in pending litigation. These Judicial appointments have been for pending divorce, and post-judgment, matters venued in Bergen; Passaic; Morris; Sussex and Hudson Counties. Mr. Marotta has been approved by the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) to act as Mediator and family matters and he also serves as a Panelist in the Passaic County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel (MESP).
The County of Bergen has recognized Mr. Marotta for his service to the community by presenting him with a distinguished service award (for his pro bono efforts in litigating domestic violence matters on behalf of battered women). In Passaic County Mr. Marotta volunteered his time to the Superior Court, Special Civil Part, mediating civil litigation matters for over 10 years. Mr. Marotta also has extensive prior experience in handling all aspects of civil litigation; jury trials; defense of personal injury, medical coverage and property damage claims. Additionally Mr. Marotta handles estate planning and residential real estate transactions.
All aspects of Family Litigation and Mediation.
- Seton Hall University B.S., Finance, cum laude, 1982
- Seton Hall University Law School J.D. 1985
- State of New Jersey, 1985
- United States Federal District Court of New Jersey, 1985
- District of Columbia, 1993
- United States District Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1994
- Law Secretary to the Hon. John. F. Evers, J.T.C., Tax Court, State of New Jersey, 1985-1986
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association (Family Law Committee)
- Passaic County Bar Association (Family Law Committee)
- North Jersey Collaborative Law Group (NJCLG)
- International Academy of Collaborative Law Professionals (IACP)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Knights of Columbus
- Boro of Rockaway Recreation Department Basketball Program, Past President
- CYO and AAU Basketball and Youth Football Coach
- AV Preeminent Attorney – Judicial Edition 2017
- Bergen’s Top Lawyers, (201) Magazine, 2017